- 1,200 metre Run
|Age range||9 - 10|
Entry closes 25th May 2018, 10:00
Below is a copy of the information from the event pack. This event pack will be posted on our website in the coming weeks. Once done so, a link will be posted here for you to be able to access this and download as a PDF.
We would like to say a very BIG thank you to the following people and organisations who have supported this event.
This document contains all the must know items but please do take your time to read through the detailed instructions as this is the first junior triathlon being organised by Tri-Henley at Shiplake College.
Shiplake College, A4155, Shiplake, Henley-on-Thames RG9 4BW
All parking will be at the school in designated parking areas
Parking will be open, with Groundsmen on duty to direct parking, from 07:00 (30 minutes before Registration opens)
Available throughout the event (from 07:00), refreshment area will be well signposted. All payment will be cash only and there are no ATM facilities at the College.
REGISTRATION & CHECK-IN PROCEDURE
Registration is in the Great Hall. Directions to Registration will be clearly signposted.
Registration will open at 07:00. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU ARRIVE IN PLENTY OF TIME. We recommend arriving at least one hour before your start time.
- Go to registration - take all your kit including your bike to the registration area. There is an area on the lawn outside registration that your bike can be left whilst you register.
- Pick up competitor pack (see detailed notes for contents but please ensure the chip is fitted to the left leg, facing out, before going to race briefing.)
- Go to Body Marking.
- Collect your bike and make your way down the hill to transition - it will be clearly signposted. You will pass the swim start, at the bottom of the hill, on your way.This is a good 5 minute walk down a steep hill so please allow plenty of time!
A race official will be available in Registration and near to transition to answer your questions. Please don't hesitate to ask, especially as this is the first Shiplake triathlon!BIKE CHECK-IN
It is highly recommended that your bike be serviced by a reputable bike shop before the event.
Please note: Fixed wheel bikes are not allowed. Aero bars are allowed for TS3, Youth and Junior but not for Tristart, TS1 and TS2. Please ensure your handle bar ends are suitably capped; tape will be available to cover bar ends that are not capped. This must be done before entering transition.
• Only competitors are allowed in the transition area and you must show your race number to gain entry in and out.
• Parents are not allowed in the transition area. Marshals are available and will help children where needed.
• Tristart competitors (only) may have ONE parent/helper accompanying in Transition. This helper must be wearing the extra number supplied.
Please familiarise yourself with transition.
All participants must transition out of the swim into a pair of running shoes to then run to the main transition. You will not be permitted to continue if you do not wear a pair of shoes. This stretch is approx 250m along a gravel and dirt track.
Please familiarise yourself with
• Swim run in entrance,
• Bike Out & Bike In (at the same point)
• Run Out (same as swim run in)
It is not the marshals' responsibility to direct you so please don't shout at them if you don't know where you are going.
There will be changing rooms available in the school building, close to the registration area.
There will also be two gazebos close to transition for changing. These will be separate BOY and GIRL gazebos.
There will be toilets available in the school building close to the registration area and also some portals close to transition/finish area.
GENERAL RULES & RACE CONDUCT
The race is governed by the Terms and Conditions at the end of this document. If you have any questions please feel free to ask at Registration or any of the officials.
There will be a race briefing 20 minutes before each race start time. We will meet by the Finish Gantry and then walks as a group to the swim start. The briefing will take place at the swim start.
At the briefing, all the key points and rules of the race will be explained and you will go directly into the river to start.
Parents are not permitted to enter the briefing area.
Please listen out for the announcement that briefing is about to commence.
All the triathlon events are operated under the guidelines of the British Triathlon Federation, which is the governing body for triathlon the UK.
Wetsuits are compulsory for water temperatures <14ºC, optional for water temperatures >14ºC and <22ºC, banned for water temperatures >22ºC.
It is therefore very likely that wetsuits will have to be worn for this event due to the temperature of the water, generally in the UK and Thames Valley most of the water is between 14 degree Celsius & 22 degrees Celsius. The temperature of the water is always taken at least one hour before an event to determine if wetsuits must be worn.
The Tri-Henley Open Water Triathlon is an open water event in the River Thames at Shiplake College
• Please note; you cannot change your start time either before the race or on waterside.
• Chip timing: Before you enter the water, check that your chip is securely fastened; marshals will be there to help you.
Swimmers will be started in waves for each level.
• Race number must be clearly visible on your back
• Bike helmet must be securely fastened on your head before you touch your bike
• Do not ride your bike in the transition area
• Competitors are responsible for ensuring the correct number of laps have been completed
• Drafting is not permitted during the race. You must stay at least 10 metres behind the cyclist in front of you
• Always overtake on the right
Cycle course: The route is a very straightforward 1km circuit round the event field. The field is relatively flat.
You must complete
Number of cycle laps
6 laps = 6km
6 laps = 6km
4 laps = 4km
2 laps = 2km
1 lap = 1km
• Competitors are completing laps on the outside of the cycle circuit
• The field is relatively flat
• The run lap is 1.2k
You must complete
Number of run laps
2 laps = 2.4km
2 laps = 2.4km
1 lap & out & back loop = 1.8km
1 lap = 1.2km
out and back loop = 600m
Once you have crossed the line you must hand in your chip to the marshal.
it is Shiplake College policy that dogs are welcome, but must be kept on a lead at all times.Terms & Conditions
Event Terms and Conditions
Entry to any event organised directly by Tri-Henley Junior Triathlon Club is subject to the following terms and conditions:
This is our first Triathlon as a club and, as with any multi-sport event, its organisation requires a considerable amount of forward planning; time, risk and costs are incurred. These include administrative, insurance, advertising, marketing, equipment, website and staff costs. As an event draws nearer, we continue to incur costs, many in relation to the number of entrants in the event. Whilst we are investing into the cost of staging our events, there is no guarantee of their success, making financial planning an integral part of event management and promotion. For this reason, our 'Terms and Conditions' are here to ensure we are able to provide athletes with a safe and enjoyable event.
Conditions of Entry
- By entering a Tri-Henley Junior Triathlon Club event, applicants agree to abide by the terms and conditions as listed below:
- All entries must be made online at https://www.stuweb.co.uk/event/3114
- All entrants agree to provide accurate information in their event application to allow entries to be processed properly;
- All applicants are aware that the nature of the event is physically demanding and that, by entering the event, they are confirming that they are capable of completing the event and that the organisers will not be held responsible for any injury or illness as a result of their participation;
- All entrants must have experienced an open water swim prior to competing on 3 June 2018;
- The entrant waives and discharges from any and all liability for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft and all other foreseeable risks, claims or actions of any kind (including negligence) whatever and however occurring which may arise, at any time, from or in connection with, directly or indirectly, their participation in the Event, the following persons or entities: the event organisers, event officials and personnel, land managers and/or owners, event sponsors, volunteers, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents and volunteers.
Confirmation of Entry
- An acceptance email will be sent by StuWeb confirming your entry to the event.
- A list of entries will be posted on the event website page prior to the event.
- It is the entrant's responsibility to inform the event entry website if any of these details are incorrect so they can be corrected prior to the event taking place. Tri-Henley Junior Triathlon Club cannot guarantee that any changes made after the event closing date can be effected.
By entering a Tri-Henley Junior Triathlon Club event, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk, and certify that you are fit and confident of completing the event and that you have experienced open water swimming prior to 3 June 2018.
If you do need to withdraw from the event, and provided we get reasonable notice, we are prepared to refund an element of your entry fee, providing you follow our withdrawals policy as follows:
- No competitor email will be sent to competitors who have withdrawn from an event or who do not register during the allocated time periods for their entered event.
- You must notify Tri-Henley Junior Triathlon Club, in writing, of your intention to withdraw, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The date of your withdrawal request will be considered as the date on your email.
- Your refund will be made to your bank account via BACS deposit; details will be requested on determination of your withdrawal.
All information relating to the event will be published on www.trihenley.co.uk Any advance changes/alterations to the course or event will also be published on the website as will event start times. Event information will be sent to all competitors prior to the event by email and will be posted on https://www.facebook.com/trihenleyopenwatertriathlon. It is the responsibility of all competitors to ensure they are aware of all information relating to their event.
There will be a presentation at the end of each race category
Any individual who has won a prize at Tri-Henley Open Water Triathlon must either:
- Collect the prize at the presentation
- Arrange for the prize to be collected by someone acting on his/her behalf
If the winner of a prize does not do one of the above, then that individual will forego the right to the prize and the prize will not be awarded.
Completion of Online Entry
Once we have received an online event entry application, any subsequent change to individual affiliation status will not result in any refund of the difference between the non-affiliation and affiliation entrance fee.
The promoters maintain the right to use images and photographs taken by their contracted photographers and employees at the event without informing of or recompense to event participants. These images can be used for promotional purposes as undertaken by the promoters and their partners, which will cover a range of possible uses including advertising, press and media, printed information items, editorial coverage and any other promotion directly related to the promoters or their sponsors.
Right of Refusal of Entry
Tri-Henley Junior Triathlon Club maintains the right to refuse or revoke entry to any applicant where it believes that accepting the entry could prejudice the event, Tri-Henley Junior Triathlon Club, Tri-Henley Junior Triathlon Club sponsors, associates or staff. This right of refusal extends to include applications where acceptance is considered by the promoters to be likely to infringe upon the enjoyment of any persons connected with the event, including staff, marshals, volunteers and other competitors.
We endeavour to provide you with the event that you have entered. Circumstances may be such that we are unable to deliver an event in the format that is expected/advertised. Tri-Henley Junior Triathlon Club has the right to make any change to the event, for the reason of safety, without prior notice. In such circumstances, competitors will not be eligible for any refunds, whether full or partial, or any other financial recompense.
"Force Majeure" means an act of God including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, windstorm or other natural disaster; act of any sovereign including but not limited to war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, nationalisation, requisition, destruction or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or local authority or imposition of government sanction embargo or similar action; terrorism; law, judgment, order, decree, embargo, blockade, labour dispute including but not limited to strike, lockout or boycott; interruption or failure of utility service including but not limited to electric power, gas, water or telephone service; failure of the transportation of any personnel equipment, machinery supply or material required by Tri-Henley Junior Triathlon Club for the provision of services pursuant to this Agreement, breach of contract by any essential personnel or any other matter or cause beyond the control of Tri-Henley Junior Triathlon Club.
These terms and conditions will be dealt with under the law of England and Wales.
|Age range||9 - 10|
Entry closes 25th May 2018, 10:00
If your name or age is incorrect, please visit your member page to submit changes.
Age bracket calculated using 31/12/2018.
Only includes direct entrants @ stuweb.co.uk. Alternative or offline entries may not appear here.